Tuesday, December 29, 2015

How to celebrate Christmas in Ghana


 Hello my dearest family and friends!:) I first wanna say that I love you all and I hope you all had the best Christmas! It's been such an amazing week and I love this time of year!

So this week has been so very amazing. As we went out to teach this week, y companion and I just wanted to focus on teaching people about the importance of the birth of our Savior. As we did this, so many people were touched by our message! It is truly amazing how important the birth of Jesus Christ was.
Our chickens!
So we were very happy to spread the Christmas cheer;) Also on Christmas day we celebrated Christmas by killing a live chicken, boiling it and eating it that night for Christmas:) It was fantastic, so African!

Also we I had my first Baptism this sunday!!!! We baptized our brother Simon who is so strong and knows the Gospel is true:) We are so happy because he has finally decided to join the kingdom:) It was pretty cool! Except the water was very low in the font, so when I put him under... .it was a little difficult to pull him back up, there was a very awkward silence as I tried lifting him out of the shallow water... But hey he was baptized so that's all that matters:)
Anyways My week has been so amazing, I love working in the hot African sun bringing these people closer to Christ. I love you all so very much and I hope you have such an amazing week okay?

Love your African Tyler.





No comments:

Post a Comment