Saturday, January 23, 2016

Is it your doctrine to kill ants?


Hello my dearest family and friends. This week has been so hard, but a super amazing experience for us! This week on Tuesday I went on Exchanges with Elder Okeke one of our zone leaders in our area. He is from Nigeria and he is a super amazing missionary, we had a great time teaching in Akosombo. He taught me so many new things!

This week as well Elder and Sister Sanders, one of the couple missionaries up here, surprised us by taking us to the Royal Senchi in Senchi. It's a big buffet and hotel restaurant! It was amazing!! It has been a while since I've had that kind of food. So that was super nice of them:)

On Thursday We had to go to Senchi for an interview for a baptismal candidate there. Elder Smith went with my companion and Me and Elder Bell went to teach in Senchi. As we were going along talking to some people, one man stopped us on the street and said, "I have a problem with your church" So we sat down with him and started talking. As we sat down he started to talk and said, "So I've heard in your church that it's against your doctrine to kill ants." As Elder Bell and I heard this we both burst into laughter and started to kill all of the ants on the ground around us. I think that answered his question. It was too funny.

Anyway the week has been so amazing. We had 2 at sacrament. Sister Eva and Brother William, whom we are both hoping to baptize at the end of the month. Eva is such an amazing sister who we will baptize! But her family is really for their church, they are all Catholics so hopefully we'll be able to talk to them all. William too loves the church but has a drinking problem. So we will hopefully fix that before the end of the month.

Well Fam and friends I love you all so much. The work is so amazing Here in Ghana! The Africans are doing well and we are all having a grand time:) Thanks for all of your love and support. Til next week!

Love Elder Beckstrand.

No comments:

Post a Comment