Monday, September 7, 2015

In the Bush


Hello everyone! Aw what a crazy, but incredible week it has been!:) the first day i go to to my area, which is in the "Bush" part of Ghana, I was like, aaaa I want to leave! haahah! As we walked through the freaking jungle the first day, I almost broke down in tears:( The first couple of days have been rough I must admit:( As i was unpacking my things the pictures of you guys fell out onto the floor, I picked it up looked at it and started to cry like a baby!:(

hahah:) I just miss you guys so much and love you all! Besides the rough patches, it has been an incredible week, the area I am in is called Akosombo, it is amazing! It is very poor but all the people are soo loving:) We taught 2 Investigators today and they already committed to baptism:) That's Africa for you:) It's so amazing to teach these people, I have come to learn that when we teach I say things that I would have never thought to speak.

With Elder and Sis. Bodine
My companion is Elder Obeirenze from Nigeria:) He is so sick and has taught me so much already! Another thing that surprised me is the food! Believe it or not I don't like it.... So it's gonna take time to get used to! It's so amazing here, Everyone smiles at us on the streets, and everyone is so willing to learn more about the Gospel!:) I hope everything is going chill back in the hood! I love and miss you all.

But I know that I will see you all again one day!:) I hope to hear from all of you very soon. You guys are the illist:), keep it real:) I know this is the right work, and I know this is where I am supposed to be!:) I love you guys! Hope to hear from you all:)

Love Elder Beckstrand


Note from Mom: I asked Tyler if he played any soccer at the MTC. He said, "Yes, mom we played a ton of soccer. :) They all said that I was the best white boy they had ever seen."

"Mom, I am also kind of learning some twi because nobody here can understand me :)"

No comments:

Post a Comment