Hello Homies!
Hey Everyone, This week has been a very interesting one! Me and my companion have contacted around 25 people and set up so many appointments this week and we got so excited to teach all of these people and to bless there lives, but as we went throughout the week not a SINGLE person followed through with there appointments:( We had an appointment like every hour and then they all failed:(
So it has been a little rough this week... Since me and my companion have contacted every single day. Well besides that it is going super well, I'm really starting to adjust to the lifestyle and culture here!:) It's quite a humbling place! I also got into my first "Bible Fight" with this man who stopped us on the street!:) He began to fight us with so many scriptures from the bible trying to prove to us that God is a spirit!
I was so surprised at all the scriptures he could quote and he proved me wrong several times...:( So i'm beginning to read the bible again haha:) But as we were arguing with this man, he all of the sudden said "I've Seen Jesus Christ!" That was the point where I was like, "This guy is crazy" hahah:) But through the whole discussion we held our own!
This experience has helped me to realize that there are some crazy people in this world:) The work is good and I am continuing to grow every day:) Thank you all so much for the love and support that you all give to me:) I miss you all so very much! :) Oh and Mom, my companion said he wants to read your books when he goes home from his mission:) haha:) Don't you wish he was me?;) haha anyways I love you all and I cannot wait to see you guys again some day, I'm always praying for you guys! I'll talk to you next week:)
Elder Beckstrand
No comments:
Post a Comment