Monday, January 9, 2017

The Lord of the Flies has got nothing on this mission.


Elder Beckstrand and Elder Kallon
 Hello, my dearest family and friends. How are you all? I hope that you are all doing so well:) This week in Ghana was so special and so amazing!

So the week started off pretty slow. Elder Kallon and I had a lot of people to focus on and we had a very busy week planned. But, when we went out to teach, none of the appointments were there. That happened to us for 2 straight days. We were pretty down about it. So we decided to find a lot of people! Hooray, my favorite:) So this week we found a ton of new investigators that we are hoping will progress.


The highlight of our week though was our baptism that we had for sister Priscilla! She is the Lady that told us when she walked by our chapel, she had a strong feeling that she should attend. Well a couple of months later, here she is! She is such a strong member already. Even yesterday at church she bore her powerful testimony:) It was such an amazing experience seeing someone whom you've taught, come into the fold of God.

Also at church, we had a lot of investigators that came, one lady in fact came because of the same reason sister Priscilla came! Her name is Unice, and she just saw the sign board and felt that she needed to come to the Church! I don't know what it is about our Chapel but it is magical haha. So we are planning to see her this week and hopefully we will extend a baptismal date.

Elder Kallon and I found 7 new people who seemed very serious for us to go and teach. So this week we will just be following up on them. We are excited to see what the Lord will give us! 
 We are really being blessed here in Dodowa. The area is really fruitful lately and it is so amazing to see these people coming into the Church. The Church really gives nothing but joy. That is what I have learned this week. Let us go and learn of God and Jesus Christ and I know that you will feel true JOY:)

Through the week, our district wanted to kill some pigs. We have a Tongan in the district, so I got with some of the other district Leaders, and we planned a very nice activity for today! Yes, we ate 2 very big pigs today. The meat was endless. The Lord of the Flies book doesn't come close to the pig killing we did today:) haha. It was awesome and we had so much fun. I'm sorry there are no pictures, but please check the Ghana Accra Facebook page! I think you will find them their.

I love you all so very much. Thank you for your prayers and your thoughts that go out to me each day. I love you all. Have an amazing week! Go do some good in the world. :) Peace out.

1 comment:

  1. Elder Beckstrand, you killed a pig????? WOW! I don't think I could do that, but pork is very yummy.
    Andy is freezing his tail feathers off in NY, but he says he's getting used to the snow.
    We pray for you every day. Stay safe.
    Love Aunt Carrie

    ReplyDelete