 |
| They leave the MTC on Tuesday! |
Hello
Everyone! Surprise Email:) So this week has been so crazy. The MTC is a very
rough and difficult time.... HAHA Sometimes I wish that I was just in the field
already!!!! Anyways I love you all and have been thinking about you guys constantly:)
This week was so good. Me and my companion Elder Mohetau have become such good
friends. He is so friendly and so funny. :) The African people here are so
amazing. I love talking to them and hearing about all of there amazing stories.
One Elder Amu-Darah had to run away from home to be able to serve a mission!
When I heard that I was amazed that someone would do that. He has an amazing
testimony and I know why he did that. Because he knows this gospel is true. :)
Also
one other Elder Mwetu, had to sell his car and give up his lawyer job to be
able to support himself on this mission! It is so incredible hearing all of the
cool stories these Elders have. One night as I was brushing my teeth I got out
my mouthwash and started to gargle, Elder Eze came up to me and was so puzzled
to see me gargling some weird fluid. So I explained to him that it cleans out
your mouth and destroys germs:) He then took my mouth wash and began to do what
I did:) It was sooo funny:) Also when I got my retainer out, 4 Elders gathered
around me as I put it in, they expressed in amazement how cool this retainer
was.:) All of these Elders are so funny and full of the spirit.
 |
| Taking turns teaching. |
I
hope all of you are doing well and I appreciate all of the love and support you
give me:) Can you believe that I've been out a week??? It's crazy that on Tuesday
I get to go out into the field and begin this crazy journey! I'm super nervous
and know that it won't be fun and that it will be hard at times, but I know
that this is the right thing to do:) I appreciate all of your prayers that you
say for me. I feel them daily. I am very excited to see what amazing adventures
await me:) I will send pictures and videos home soon to all of you!
Send
me more and more pics of you guys, you never realize how much you appreciate
your family until you don't have them for even a week.... It is sooo sad:( I am
so happy though because all of the Elders here are so sick! I haven’t
encountered any sucky Elders:)
Anyways
the church is true and I hope to hear from you all very, very soon:))))
Love
Elder Beckstrand
No comments:
Post a Comment